Friday, December 29, 2006

ETG Launch

Considering the large gap between academics and the industry requirements, I decided to create a group and named it Emerging Technologies Group. I intend to deliver seminars, lectures and courses to this group on a regular basis. This should benefit both academicians and professionals working in the industry. As a result, the first event was conducted on Dec. 16th, 2006. In spite of the fact that we had only two days to advertise the event, a whopping number (about 50) attended the event. My many thanks to my student Abhijeet Gole whose unprecedented efforts made this possible. The first talk was on Java and was well accepted by the audience. The next event is scheduled on Jan 13, 2007. I look forward to recieve much larger audience for this event.

No comments: