Saturday, December 16, 2006

What initiated this blogging?

On Dec 11, 2006, I delivered a speech entitled "Bridging the Gap between Academics and Industry" to more than 50 invited teachers of Mumbai University in a one-day event organized by Dept of Computer Science and Mathematics of Univ. of Mumbai, India. During the speech, I realized that there are many professors who are seriously interested in improving the quality of education but were not able to do so for some reasons which may not be publicly disclosed. After the speech, few professors approached me and suggested that I take the lead in helping the university raise its standards in Computer Science and IT by improving the course curriculum. Incidentally, I am member of the adhoc board of studies in Computer Science and is currently heading the syllabus committe for creating the syllabus of M.Sc. Computer Science. Thus, I decided to create a blog where people can post their views.

No comments: